Sunday, October 2, 2022
HomeNewsSlidell House Fire: 4 Kills, Including 2 children

Slidell House Fire: 4 Kills, Including 2 children

An unfortunate incident has occurred in the Slidell area of Louisiana, United States. A fire that rushed through a two-story home in the Slidell region early Wednesday killed four family members, including two children ages 5 years and 10 years.

This was reported by the St. Tammany fire officials. Around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to the residence on Constellation Drive in Eden Isles after a neighbor reported hearing an explosion.

According to Chris Kaufmann, head of the Slidell-based St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 1, the noise was caused by propane tanks exploding at the burning property. “We respectfully request that you pray for the victims and their families,” the fire service stated in a social media message.

The fire has been put out, but it is still being investigated by the State Fire Marshal’s office and the sheriff’s office, according to firefighters. Fire authorities believe the fire was started accidentally, but they aren’t saying how it started at this time.

Firefighters arrived on time

Within five minutes, firefighters arrived and began searching the house through thick smoke and flames, according to Kaufmann. The residence only had one smoke detector, which was not working, according to fire authorities on the site. The incident drew a total of 16 units and 44 firemen.

Three fatalities were discovered on the second level, and one on the first, the officials said. Four family members were rescued from the home. Three people were carried to a local hospital and proclaimed dead. Firefighters searched the house for a fifth family member who they thought could be inside during the tumultuous scene.

However, it turned out that the individual in question, an elder son, was not at home. Kaufmann said he learned about the fire and the deaths of his family members on Wednesday morning. As of Wednesday morning, the victims had not been officially named.

To deal with the tragedy, Kaufmann said resources will be provided to the firemen that went to the area. According to the St. Tammany Coroner, smoke inhalation was the most likely cause of death, and there was no indication of heat damage.

All of the officials on the site emphasized the necessity of acquiring smoke detectors and checking them regularly to ensure they are working. The house was built in the 1980s, when smoke detectors were not needed in every room, according to Kaufmann.

According to the fire service, the fire started in the rear of the house and spread to the attic. A smoke detector should be installed in each room, outside each room, and on each level, according to fire experts.

One of the acquaintances mentioned that the entire family had been sick with Covid and that they had not seen them in a long time. Kaufmann added that in his 34 years on the job, he and many of his colleagues had never seen anything like it. He stated that he and the firemen gave prayers and that he intends to provide therapy to the firefighters.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular