Niran’s Five-Ingredient Vegan Cookies
- 1 cup dates
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoon salted peanut butter
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or dried fruit (optional)
- Pulse dates in a food processor. If they are too hard, soak in hot water for a few minutes.
- Add banana and peanut butter to processor and mix again until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the almond meal and rolled oats. Pulse until a wet and sticky dough is formed.
- Scrape dough into a mixing bowl. If too moist, add a few more tablespoons of almond meal.
- Add vegan chocolate chips or dried fruit to the mix if desired.
- Chill dough for 10 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie dough and form into mold.
- Arrange cookie molds onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down on them with a fork to make sure they rise and spread.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and let cookies cool before removing from tray.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge or freezer.
Chef: Niran Abbas
Community of Residence: Carmel Valley
Family: Husband – Adam; Son – Lucien (8); Daughter – Pearl (6)
Favorite Local Activity: Hiking
About the Recipe: I’m interested in all types of desserts for all types of diets. This particular vegan dessert is easy to make and utilizes what you have in the pantry. These cookies fulfill that sweet craving you may find yourself in without any processed sugars.
About the Chef: I’ve lived in many countries and moved to San Diego eight years ago. I always had a passion for food, from the cultural historical perspective to visiting local farmers markets and farms, and cultivating seasonal products to produce healthy meals and decadent desserts. I’m a huge proponent of supporting organic and local products. I’m currently in the midst of creating my own business, Scrumptious Bites.
GET PUBLISHED! SUBMIT A RECIPE AT WWW.92130MAGAZINE.COM