Edwin’s Watermelon Feta Salad
- ½ small seedless watermelon
- ½ yellow crimson watermelon
- 1 bunch of fresh organic mint
- 2 ounces pistachios, shelled and toasted
- 4 ounces sheep’s milk feta
- ½ cup walnut oil
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon organic raspberry preserve
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Lime juice
- Cut watermelon, yellow crimson watermelon, and feta into triangle slices. Remove melon rinds. Set aside.
- Wash mint and remove stems.
- Place dressing ingredients into Vitamix or blender.
- Layer feta and melon slices on rectangular platter.
- Garnish with mint leaves and pistachios.
- Drizzle dressing and enjoy!
Makes: 10 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
Chef: Edwin Blumberg
Family: Wife – Adrienne; Sons – Sam and Myles; Mini Goldendoodle – Gwynnie
Community: Carmel Valley
Hobbies & Interests: Food, wine, soccer, and my dog Gwynnie
Favorite Local Activity: Long walks through our nature reserves
About the Recipe: A simple, healthy organic salad that is perfect for warm summer days.
About the Chef: A Zambian native, I graduated from the London School of Economics in addition to being a classically trained chef. I also completed hotel school in Lucerne, Switzerland. I have 40 years of food experience including designing, consulting, and building restaurants all over the world. After leaving London, I established a hospitality consulting company based out of Toronto, Canada. I have worked in Hong Kong, London, Toronto, Jamaica, and the U.S. After arriving in San Diego in 1992, I was involved in numerous food ventures and opened Blumberg’s Delicatessen. I’m the current owner of Edwin Blumberg Catering at SDJA and a partner in Shalom Catering. I continue to consult for restaurants. Coming this summer is the Herb’N Donuts Food Truck, a new concept of redefining the donut.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92130magazine.com