Marla’s Flourless Muffins
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax, 3 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup Sunbutter
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mash banana.
- Mix Sunbutter, flax egg, and baking powder with mashed banana. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a well-coated mini muffin tin.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- When the muffins come out, sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Makes: 12 mini muffins
Total Time: 5 minutes to prep; 15 to 18 minutes to bake
Chef: Marla Hernandez
Family: Son – Julian; Cocker Spaniel – Koby
Community: Carmel Valley
Hobbies & Interests: Running, baking, reading, traveling
Favorite Local Activity: Running at the beach and Torrey Pines State Reserve
About the Recipe: I baked these muffins for myself because I wanted a treat for my birthday without compromising my health. I made them flourless and nut-free since my son has allergies.
About the Chef: Special day class teacher at Del Mar Heights Elementary. I post my healthy muffin recipes to my blog, www.marlasmuffins.com.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92130magazine.com