Megan’s Champagne Celebration Cupcakes
- 16 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces butter
- 14 ounces sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces yogurt
- 10 ounces Champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ pounds powdered sugar
- 2 ounces milk
- 4 ounces Champagne
- Strawberries, sliced
*Bring the Champagne to a boil in order to cook out the alcohol and let cool before baking with it
- Melt butter, stir in sugar.
- Stir eggs, yogurt, Champagne, and vanilla in sugar and butter mixture.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into above mixture until no lumps remain.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake trays ready with 24 liners and fill until ¾ full.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until done.
- Let the cupcakes cool down, then frost and add any decorations that you desire, such as sliced strawberries on top.
- Cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla, and mix until just blended.
- Sift and add the powdered sugar to the butter mixture.
- Add the milk and Champagne and mix until blended.
*Stop by Ohana Cupcakes for the Champagne cupcakes with a special strawberry filling treat only available in store!
Makes: 24 | Total Time: 15 minutes cook time
About the Chef
Chef: Megan Wilson
Family: Family is very important to me, which is one of the reasons I fit in so well here at Ohana Cupcakes.
Hobbies: I have such a sweet tooth, which is one of the biggest reasons I started baking in the first place. Because I love eating sweets so much, a hobby of mine is to stay as active as possible by going on hikes, hitting the slopes, or swimming. Anything outside and I am up for it.
Favorite Local Activity: I just moved here from a small town in Colorado and one of my favorite things to do is go to the beach. I guess that’s because the closest thing to a beach in Colorado is a lake. I’ve been living here for less than a month so I still have so much exploring to do.
About the Recipe: As much as I love challenging myself with exciting new techniques, this recipe is super fun and easy, which is why I enjoy baking this cupcake so much. This cupcake is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but I would honestly eat it year-round.
About the Chef: I have wanted to move to California for some time now to start my career and grow as a chef and I finally did it! Moving here was sudden, actually, and I am still adjusting. I honestly just feel like I’m on a vacation. A year ago in May I graduated from Colorado Mesa University with degrees in
Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts. During my time in college I realized that I loved both cooking and baking but I definitely had more of a passion for pastry arts. I am excited to be part of the “Ohana family” and look forward to many more Ohana creations in the future.