Sheryl’s Fudge Pie
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chocolate and butter in a four-cup Pyrex measure or microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for one minute. Then stir.
- Heat for 30 more seconds. Let it sit for a minute and stir until the chocolate dissolves completely.
- Next add sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well blended. Pour into lightly oiled nine-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.
Makes: 8 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes prep and 25 minutes baking
Chef: Sheryl Chesivoir
Family: Husband – Sid Shapira; Cats – Marley and Winnie; Dog – Danny
Community: Carmel Valley
Interests: Yoga, swimming, travel, Mahjong/games, book club, entertaining
Favorite Local Activity: Walking at Del Mar beach and hiking at Torrey Pines Reserve
About the Recipe: This is a recipe that was in the San Diego Union-Tribune years ago. It was originally adapted from a recipe by Linda Ellerbee. It is my go-to recipe when I don’t have time to make anything complicated. It’s always a hit and reminds me of a dessert that was served at my sorority house (Tri Delta) in college.
About the Chef: I grew up on the East Coast in Chevy Chase, MD. I graduated from University of Arizona in Tucson and moved to San Diego after college. I started my career in secondary education and soon moved into hi-tech, working for Qualcomm for several years. In the past year I have been busy with my husband sharing our rescue dog’s nonfiction children’s book, Danny Dog, at schools around the county. The book teaches children about pet rescue and adoption in a kind and gentle manner.
Get Published! Submit a recipe at www.92130magazine.com