Real Estate Watch – Dan Conway
10 Things to Look for When Buying Your Dream Home!
Purchasing a new home is at the top of almost everyone’s list of lifetime achievements. Follow these 10 steps.
- The Neighborhood and Surrounding Areas. It’s critical that you find a neighborhood that suits your needs before buying.
- Affordability. Remember that there are more costs to consider than just the monthly mortgage payment. Consider taxes, utilities, HOA fees, etc.
- The Features You’ve Always Wanted. A dream home is more about fulfilling wishes than meeting needs. Don’t be afraid to make a sizable wish list.
- Lot Location and Size. Size is the one thing about a property that cannot really be altered. You can knock down a house and rebuild it from scratch, but the lot will stay the same.
- The Age of a Property. Be aware that older homes tend to require a bit more work than newer homes. Is your ideal home turnkey? If so, then new construction may be a better fit.
- Your Ideal Home Style. Single-family homes make a great choice for those who want the freedom to customize a property. Condo living is for people who want to own a home but have access to hotel-style amenities. Town home living offers a compromise between the two.
- The Right Amount of Space. Think about the space that you currently live in. How does it feel? Do you have enough bedrooms? In addition to considering your current living situation you should also consider your plans for the future.
- A Layout You Love. Focus on finding a layout that is as close to perfect for you as possible.
- Future Projects. Think about projects that are big and small, everything from painting the dining room to completely gutting your master bathroom.
- Compromise. Every property is going to come with some sort of compromise, but when you are talking about your dream home, compromise should be minimal.
Everyone deserves to find their dream home and with the right amount of research, it is possible. Call the experts at Dan Conway & Associates, Inc to help you find your Dream Home!