Gloria’s California Peach Cobber
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 29-ounce can sliced canned peaches, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint of vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown and white sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Pour the milk into the dry ingredients and then stir in the butter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Arrange the peaches on top of the mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Add 1 scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to each slice.
ABOUT THE CHEF
Chef’s Name: Gloria Limas An
Family: Husband – Kyong; Children – Melanie (13) and Danny (11); Pets – three rabbits and a cat named Calico
Community: Carmel Valley – Derby Hill
Hobbies/ Interests: Writing, photography, scrapbooking, painting and traveling
Favorite Local Activities: Hiking local trails in beautiful Carmel Valley and discovering new shops
About the Recipe: The motto at our household is “simple and savory.” I enjoy making fun desserts for my kids who are always on the go with sports and dance activities. This is their special surprise at the end of the week!
About the Chef: Our family has lived in Carmel Valley since 2000. I’m a local freelance journalist who reported/anchored in the Southern California news markets of San Diego and Los Angeles after coming from the CBS News Bureau in my native city of Dallas, TX. I am a Southern Methodist University graduate who is fluent in Spanish. I’m a member of the Ocean Air Elementary and Carmel Valley Middle School Site Councils, and I am also active with community issues and many local organizations.
Submit a recipe at www.92130magazine.com and Win a $25 Restaurant Gift Certificate!